"MYE had a thorough risk management plan in place before we began working with OSI. They made it better in ways we could not see from within the organization."
— Andy Leider, former Executive Director, Montana Yellowstone Expeditions
OSI's risk management experts provide support on safety and liability issues to outdoor education, outdoor recreation, conservation, and related organizations.
- Safety: Help reduce the risk of harm to participants or staff.
- Crisis Planning: Improve emergency response and limit the impact of incidents.
- Legal Risk: Be confident you are taking appropriate steps now in case an incident does occur.
- Reputation: Proper incident reduction and crisis response may prevent severe reputation harm.
- Cost: Even with insurance, the costs of a serious incident can vastly outweigh prevention costs.
- Marketing: OSI will help you advertise the fact that your safety practices are outstanding.
- Reassurance: Make your board, management, and staff confident that safety is well-managed.
A risk management review is a systematic approach to assessing the safety and liability related practices within a program. Often, organizations are unaware of the current best practices or of risk management gaps within their organization. OSI’s collaborative review process results in a comprehensive report guiding your organization’s next steps.
"Alex provided an invaluable external perspective to our organization and forced us to think about what we were doing, why we were doing it and how we could improve. His manageable report helped us see that we needed to put more resources into our training materials, emergency response protocols and maintaining consistency across different programs."
— Jay Creagh, Camp Manito-wish YMCA
Watch our one minute video for a summary of what OSI's services can do for your outdoor program.
Learn more about OSI's risk management review services.
• Consulting: custom risk management support, assessment, and documentation development
• Training: leadership, technical skills, driving, and risk management
• Incident Response: Incident review and crisis management advice
• Expert Witness: Assisting law firms with outdoor related litigation
New! 10 Steps to Better Risk Management - learn quick safety steps for your program. Download free report. Go»
The free Outdoor Safety Newsletter covers risk management for outdoor activities. Go»
Like OSI on Facebook for current news & discussion on wilderness risk management. Go»
Follow OSI on Twitter for news, video, resources & fun updates on the outdoor world. Go»
Grab a hot beverage and visit OSI's News & Resources for helpful updates & tools. Go»
Check out the new, 2nd Edition, AMC Guide to Outdoor Leadership by OSI's Alex Kosseff. Go»